Rich in tradition, cozy and the perfect starting point for mountain hikes in the rear Kaunertal.
The Gepatschhaus is the oldest mountain hut in Austria, located on 1928 metres above sea level.
Because of the ideal location next to the glacier road it is the first choice for mountain and hiking tours.
The Gepatschhaus was built in 1873 as the first German Alpine Club hut in Austria. In 1892, 1911 and 1958 the house was extended and in 2005 partly renovated. Right next to the Gepatschhaus is the chapel Maria Schnee, which was dedicated in 1895. The Gepatschhaus and the chapel are under monument protection since 2013.